Chicken Parmesan Rollatini via FN (2 servings)
- 1 lb. chicken breast (4 cutlets, 1/8″ each)
- 3/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves, julienned
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 2 T. panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. multigrain&oats bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- canola oil cooking spray
- 4 toothpicks, 1 sheet of aluminum foil, cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 450F. Read through the rest of these steps.
- Flatten chicken cutlets with flat side of a meat tenderize or your palm to 1/8″ thickness.
- Season cutlets with salt & pepper. Sprinkle ~1 T of mozzarella cheese on each cutlet and top with 2-3 slices of basil leaves. Roll. Insert toothpick in the center.
- One at a time, dip each cutlet into the egg white mixture and then into the bread crumbs + parmesan mixture. Place cutlets onto the already sprayed aluminum foil sheet that is covering the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 18-20 minutes.
Serve with: 1.5 c. homemade or store-bought marinara sauce, 4 oz. dried whole wheat-whole grain spaghetti, cooked, and 1 slice of multigrain&oats bread brushed with garlic powder/olive oil. Or whatever you want, really.