Three more days until the GRE. As much as I’m freaking out right now, these chicken nuggets are as tasty. Eeeeeeeeeeeks. Tell me why I’m still blogging.
Baked Chicken Nuggets (2-3 servings)
- 10 oz. chicken breast, cut into 1.5″ cubes
- 1/2 c. milk or 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1/4 c. wheat germ
- 1/4. c. oat bran
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds
- 1 T. flax seeds, slightly grounded
- 1 T. multigrain&oats bread crumbs
- 1 t. grated parmesen cheese
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper powder
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 sheet of parchment paper, cookie sheet
- Soak the cubes of chicken in milk for ~24 hours
or just throw them in a slightly whisked egg white for a second.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix the remaining 10 ingredients in a small bowl, this will be the “breading.”
- Remove a few cubes of chicken at a time from the milk or egg white and gently toss it in the breading mixture. Transfer them to a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Lightly mist the nuggets with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes.