two one. Just me tonight! Wish you were here to have some though…
Easy Chicken Masala adapted via Epi-App (2 servings)
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lbs), fat and some of skin trimmed away
- 5 oz. plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 heaping T. garam masala
- 1 heaping t. coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 T. olive oil (which I totally forgot about)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced to 1/3″ rounds
- Mix together yogurt, cilantro, garlic, garam masala, salt, and olive oil in glass. With that, coat the chicken and marinade over night in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move one rack to the very top.
- Line bottom of glass baking dish with onions. Top with carrots, and then with the chicken. Discard excess marinade.
- Roast the chicken on the top rack for 50*-60 minutes.
Next time: Use skin-on chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, non-fat greek yogurt and/or low-fat buttermilk, and do something about the sweetness of the onions.