Sad day. But it’s Leap Day.
Gonna have myself a large slice o’ warm pound cake.
Honey Whole Wheat Pound Cake adapted via JTB
- 1 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 2/3 c. + 1/4 c. cake flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 3/4 t. salt
- 12 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 t. vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. reduced fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Measure out all ingredients.
- Sift flours, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and honey. Add the vanilla.
- Beat one egg at a time into the batter.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk three times into the batter.
- Pour into buttered & floured loaf pan, and bake for 60 minutes. Allow it to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing.