Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes adapted via NYT
(makes 9 medium pancakes)
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 t. vanilla bean paste
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 c. frozen wild blueberries
- 1 scoop ON Any Whey Protein Powder
Nutrition Facts per 1 1/2 Pancakes: Calories – 258; Total Fat 9.8g (Sat 1.5g, Poly, 2g, Mono 4.5g); Cholesterol 62.1mg; Sodium 105.2mg, Total Carbs 32.1g (Sugars 7.7g, Dietary Fiber 4.7g); Protein 11.4g
- Measure and sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, and then buttermilk, vanilla, and oil.
- Add dry to wet, and gently but thoroughly fold the batter about 20 times. Do not over do it! Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Fold in the protein powder and blueberries.
- Spritz a warm griddle with canola oil spray if necessary, and pour in 1/4 cup of the batter.